Monday, January 1, 2007

Nakiska

After all of the knitting projects I have currently OTN I needed some instant gratification quick knitting, and I wanted it to be for me. I had stumbled upon this awesome cabled headband/ear warmer on Knitty. I had alrady had plans for making myself a Panta or a Calorimetry but as I have found a new love of cable-ing this was the project for me. Pattern can be seen here NAKISKA

It took me about 2.5 hours last night to make it. Here it is on me. Sorry for the blurry pic, self portrait at 4 am in a semi dark room doesn't always turn out so well!

I used Lion brands cashmere blend yarn on size 6 needles, and did the adult s/m size. My head circ measures at 21", the pattern size made a 17" circumference. My finished project is 17" unstretched, I hit it right on which usually never happens for me even when I get gauge.

No comments: